Church family, I so enjoyed praying with you last Sunday. I wish you all could have watched our worship service from the stage, where I sat. I wish you could have seen your brothers and sisters raising their hands, kneeling on the ground, reaching out to each other, and covering their eyes and ears as they prayed. I wish you could have heard all the voices raised as people recited scripture and read prayers that have comforted people for hundreds of years. I wish you could have seen our church family as we meditated and spent such precious time listening to God.
It was an amazing day. Thank you for praying.
Yesterday in I got a beautiful letter in the mail from a church member telling me some of the things s/he’s praying for our church. Even though this person wishes to be kept anonymous, I was so touched by their prayers that I want to share them with you (with this person’s permission, of course). They told me that they pause at least 10 times every day to pray for your church. What an amazing gift this person is giving us!!
Will you read this list and pray along? What would you add? Consider either posting on Facebook or in the comments section below a note that says “I’m praying for Holy Trinity. I’m praying that _________.” Let’s use these platforms as a way to share our prayers for Holy Trinity!
As Oswald Cambers famously said “We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there's nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all.”
So, let us pray…
(From an anonymous member of Holy Trinity)
- Let our members be touched deeply
- Bring together new and old members who have stopped coming
- Let many people attend Sunday School
- Let the church have new and excellent classes
- Let the power of the Holy Spirit come down on our members
- Bring the congregation to life
- Build up, edify, and strengthen our members
- Give spiritual protection to the church and to all its members
- Let the people sign up for various church ministries
- Let many new people come to the church, both straight and gay
- Increase the tithes and offerings so all the bills can be paid
- Put on the heart of those who are able to give a sizable contribution that will bless this church
- Heal all aspects of this fellowship